Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Getaway

Jeff and I enjoyed an overnight getaway in Sacramento. BIG thanks to Granny & Papa for tending the 3 kiddos while we escaped.

Friday morning we drove to Rancho Cordova and hit the American River Bike Trail. We biked up to Folsom Lake and back, about 24 miles roundtrip. Jeff cruised like it was nothing but I was pretty pokey. It was humbling to realize that my body isn't as capable as my brain thinks it is. And then I remembered that I had the flu and was surviving on a couple of motrin to escape the pounding headache and major body aches ... and then I didn't feel so bad.

A wild turkey. Never seen a turkey so big and close-up and looking just like Thanksgiving.

Friday night we ate dinner at TGIF (haven't been there for years ... major lack in the vegetarian choices) and went to a ComedySportz show. It was
fun to get a few laughs in. A nice cheap date for you Sacramento locals...

Saturday morning we went to the Sacramento Temple for some unrushed time. The session we attended was in Hmong so we got translation headsets. Jeff listened in Spanish and I in English. We even stayed to do some family sealings.


So besides that, we spent a lot of money at the Folsom Outlets. It could have been a very economical little getaway if it weren't for the shopping frenzy.

Fun, fun time! It seems like we spend half of the chatting time on these trips dreaming of all the other places we want to explore together...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great trip! I bet it was so nice to just be around each other without all of the distractions!!!! Oh how we love the distractions, but it is nice to sometimes escape. Is today your birthday??? If so happy birthday. If I missed happy late birthday! And if it is not even close, then happy un-birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day! And may I say you look as beautiful and young as ever!

Lacy said...

How fun Jennie! By the way, did I mention I LOVE your TJ's pick of the week? I tried the fries and liked them, but I need ketchup with my fries and they just didn't go with these ones. Have you tried their orange glazed chicken stir fry? Good, too.

Merrill Family said...

Fun trip I love get aways it helps me regroup! And we too love your TJ pick this week they are so YUMMY!