Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
Best Cheap Summer Outings:
San Ramon Aquatic Park 3-11yo heaven
Contra Loma Swim Lagoon
Best New Recipe:
Chicken and Basil Calzones made with fresh basil from our garden and ground turkey and sides of green vegetables and fresh summer fruit. This recipe is added to the short list of quick fix dinners that all three kids will predictably eat.
Best Weekend Getaway:
To Utah for the "Faith in Motion" Symposium at BYU - dancing and relaxing with my dearest of friends (some are pictured below)
Best purchase:
Elliptical Trainer - now I can exercise anytime, anyday
Best Unexpected Bargain:
On the day our new fence was completed, the fence guy backed his truck into our garage door ... and paid for it's replacement.
Best Finished Project:
None
oh, wait, I did finish something - Eliza's quilt!
Best Mommy Joys:
Eliza's ability to just fit into social scenarios without any coaching
Ben's developmental spurt in communication
Ethan's STAR test scores
Taking all the kids bowling and being able to sit back and watch them all just do it - take turns, help each other, celebrate victories - it's an outing we've done enough that they know the "routine." And to be able to type in Ben's name on the screen with ZERO protesting. It's joy beyond imagining. Really, it is.
Worst Mommy Moments:
Listening to Eliza blubber for 1/2 hour because she was too short to go on the Shadowcliffs waterslides with her dad and brothers.
Training Ben to safely walk to Forest Park Pool over and over and over again ... and knowing that all the neighbors and FP members are watching his loud, over dramatic protesting.
Best Vacation Spot:
Sunriver, Oregon - a detailed post to come
6 comments:
This is great Jennie! Looking forward to that post about Sun River.
Cool post! What a beautiful quilt, I dream that I can quilt someday, it will probably never happen.
I will have to ask you about the Shadowcliff waterslides, are they more kid-oriented or can adults enjoy them too?
Loved that book!
Loved that book too! Sounds like a fun summer! I also loved your "Mommy joys"!
I loved the part about Ethan's Star Test results. Brevin looked at his and asked, "You mean I'm advanced?" Randy and I couldn't help but burst out laughing! We said it really means he's great at taking tests--if I could only have that ability!
I am honored to be a part of the good parts of your summer Jennie, I feel the same about that trip. Unforgettable :)
~Heather
Post a Comment