Sunday, September 13, 2009

Back to School

No first day of school pictures on this blog because this mom just can't pull it off. Everything went smoothly on the first morning out the door until the last 5 minutes. That's when we:
1. woke Eliza
2. tried to get new shoes on Ben

But even with a couple of screamers we made it out the door and arrived happily at school (with the new shoes on). Ben is in 2nd grade at Mtn. View (same class/teacher for the third year) and Ethan is in 4th grade at Westwood. Oh how I wish they could be at the same school ... instead I'm just grateful that the two schools are near each other.

I do have a picture of Eliza on her first day of preschool at Walnut Country. No tears from this 3 year old on the first day.

When I picked her up from her first day, she:
1. yanked her backpack from the hook before I could finish getting it for her
2. swatted my hand away when I reached to open the door to the car for her
3. climbed in the car and shut the door in my face while declaring (in a not so nice voice) "I can buckle myself."

Little Miss Independent:

2 comments:

Amy said...

Cutest first day of school picture ever!!

D and C said...

She is so cute Jennie. SO CUTE. I love that she is independent. That will come in handy someday! lol!!