We enjoyed browsing around Union Square, where I finally bought some maternity clothes (and have enjoyed much heightened comfort ever since).
We attempted to win tickets in the Wicked Lottery, but failed. However, we were able to purchase mezzanine tickets for less than half price so had better seats and saw another amazing performance of Wicked ... my third time, Jeff's second, still would love to see it again =) The added bonus was that we found free street parking just a block from the theater. Never done that before. And we even opted for a hamburger and fries dinner at some diner instead of the fancy shmancy food at Market Street grill. I know, crazy, but sometimes you just want to be able to eat without deciphering the menu first.
The next morning we went back to the Orpheum for a backstage tour of Wicked. I could have stared at this costume for half an hour ... or more:
In such a beloved, well-funded show as Wicked, the costumes are detailed, custom-made works of art. I was so inspired by these creations! I'd love to develop the skill and artistry to do something like this:
So we escaped to the beautiful Presidio and took a deep breath of green grass and trees and open space and then spent a few hours in the new Walt Disney Museum. Learned a lot there about the genius, lucky beginnings of Mr. Walt Disney.
And that's the nutshell of the weekend. It felt like a bunch of dates all crammed into 24 hours. Next time we'd like to getaway to somewhere more relaxing, with a lot of nature and fresh air.
4 comments:
I want those boots. Do you think I could pull them off?!? :)
I want a date like yours!
So much fun! We love Wicked at our house...Holly is trying to plan how to see it again. What a great date!
I agree, love the boots! (Kendra, not Adrian :-)
I loved that tour! What a great time in the City for you guys! Now, if only I could get Matt to see Wicked with me again!
Post a Comment