Who likes the "puffy" more, the 2 year old or the puppy? It's too close to call ...
Blake's tantrums are frequent, passionate, and perplexing. For example, he'll ask for milk, so I get it but then he screams and swats it away when I give it to him (but you asked for it and brought me to the fridge and pointed to the milk?). So then I put the cup in the fridge, but then he screams more intensely. So a few minutes later I re-offer the milk and this time he stops screaming and takes it peacefully. Perplexing. The good news is the tantrums are short-lived (less than 10 min). All I have to do is reflect on Ben's 45 minute rages at this age, and all is well. But still, this is a phase I could do without. At this point in my life, I just don't have time for tantrums, so please just stop already. Here's a picture mid-Blake-rage. Evidently Jeff and I cannot produce "mild-mannered" children.
Party people in the house ... I mean crate. There's Lily's nose in the foreground, trying to sniff out what is going on get out of my crate. Or is it little pigs let me come in? Ah the fun we have narrating her behavior.
Swim meet season! Eliza really has come a long way since last year. She can actually make her limbs do the strokes; it's fun to watch.
In April this year, I started taking Eliza to The Ballet School in Walnut Creek. I've been impressed so far with the classes and the philosophy of the school and feel like it's worth the craziness of getting there. I loved loved loved the June "demonstration". It's in a beautiful theater and is a demonstration of the skills they've been learning/practicing in the classroom. Every level wears black leotards and ballet tights and shoes. No frilly costumes, no fancy choreography, just pure beautiful little children doing little children things in a professional presentation. Loved. it.
Here's our Eliza, a Kindergarten graduate, showing her proof of graduation and sporting her brand new dress and toms, purchased the day before by a mom who suddenly realized she needed to step it up and be a mom to a girlie girl. Hopefully in future grades they'll teach her in school how to write non-run-on-sentences and she'll be smarter than her mom.
Eliza and her vibrant, vivacious, fun, dramatic bestie.
Eliza wondered why we didn't pull her big brothers out of school to witness her graduation. It hadn't even occurred to me. I love that she wanted them there.
This school year, Ethan participated in an afterschool Robotics Club. This is a situation where, once again, we are so blessed to know really great people who do really great things. Our friend from the neighborhood organized this club with the Robotics/Physics teacher at the high school. Every Friday, a group of 10-15 middle school kids would walk across the street to the high school and spend a couple of hours building robots with the HS teacher. For free. So fun. So blessed. Ethan's heaven. Here he is doing the finishing touches on the last challenge day.
And with his buddy, ready to compete
And then, mid-June we launched into summer! Ben continued with school while the others did swim team practice and other stuff. Blake discovered a new canvas. I'm just glad it wasn't the walls :)

2 comments:
What a beautiful family you have!!! Eliza looks so much like you, what a beauty! My little Andrew (2 and a half) also went through the indecisive I am in charge phase...although I think he is over it now-phew! And we too can't make children who are low key-go figure! It is so fun to see your family and the fun things you are all doing! Love and miss you!
Your Blake reminds me of my Walker.
Post a Comment