Sunday, June 30, 2013

Blake is THREE

Our little Blake turned three on May 6. He knew exactly what was going on and was soooo excited! Can you tell?


The night before his birthday we had the Hiatts and Grandma Joan over for dinner. One of Blake's gifts was stomp rockets. The cousins all took them right outside and got to work blasting them into the sky (and the trees, and the roof, of course).


The next morning, on Blake's very birthday, as we drove Ben to school I was trying to decide where to take Blake on a spontaneous outing. I inventoried the situation - clothes on, shoes on, breakfast eaten, dog in backyard - and decided we were free to do whatever as soon as we dropped off Ben. So we kept driving, stopped at TJ's in Lafayette to buy lettuce, and went to the Tilden Park Little Farm. I was reminded that this is my very favorite free kid outing in the Bay Area (that I've been to, anyway). Blake fed and admired the animals.


Blake got a kick out of seeing the farmer take two goats for a walk on a leash. He loved the "horn sheep" and insisted on giving it the last of our lettuce.


We saw an egg in the duck/geese/chicken/turkey (fowl?) area and asked the farmer what kind of egg it was. He was super friendly, gave us the egg and then even took us into the chicken coop to check for eggs there. He even gave us a carton to carry them home.


This egg was even still warm when he gave it to us. Kinda ewww if you think about it :)


The next morning we had a taste test - chicken eggs or duck eggs? The duck eggs won the most votes. Happy Birthday, Dearest Blake. I'm so glad and so sad that you are growing up!

1 comment:

mkt said...

What a darling boy! When did your kids get so big?!? I love his expression in that last pic - so much Jennie and Jeff in that one!