Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Irony in the Media

I get a real kick out of conflicting articles in the daily newspaper. It's my cynical self shining through. For example, a day during the wall street crash where the devastating financial crisis headline was alongside a report that Johnny Depp will be paid $56 million dollars for his role in the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

Today's was striking as well. These two articles were side by side on the front page of the Contra Costa Times.

Proposition to Legalize Prostitution strikes chord in San Francisco
http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_10770854?nclick_check=1
On the plus side (and shocking side), Gavin Newsom actually opposes the proposition.

Big One: It's zero hour
http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_10770865

Maybe we'd better get out of here.

1 comment:

Lacy said...

Okay, that is hilarious! I cannot believe Depp is being paid that much. Weren't the last couple of Pirates movies not that great? I haven't even seen the third one.