Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ye Olde Dancing Grounds

Well, I took a weekend solo trip to Utah for a BYU Modern Dance Division Reunion. And this is the photo I came home with:




Yes, snowmobiling. I spent two full days in the RB with old dance friends and only have a few photos of a 1-hour quick snowmobiling excursion. I'm not in any way diminishing the fun and memorability of that excursion, but just laughing at myself for my misrepresentation of the purposes for my trip to Utah.

As for the dancing, that was OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH so great! I want to take class every day!!!! And the concert, oh so inspiring! The dancers just get better and better. I was surprised by the number of alumni that I recognized (esp. considering I wasn't a modern dance major) and how many from my year of Dancers' Company were there (6 of 15 and both directors). I was comforted to hear of many other dancers trying to figure out how to balance family life with dance life ... or not... and of other regional dance companies working through the challenges that we at BDC face.

The Atkinson family was so gracious to host me and give up their mom for the weekend - thank you! I loved spending time with my dear friend Ronna and talking around and around about what we are going to do with our (dance) lives. Unfortunately I think both of us finished the weekend with a few answers but mostly questions ...

No comments: