Sunday, July 5, 2009

Silence

We moms think silence means a few moments to oneself.
But what it really means is ... trouble.


"But it's still long in the back mom, see?":

After looking in the mirror and realizing she looks like a boy ("but all my teachers know I'm a girl, right?" insert sob sob blubber blubber):


To all you Eliza hair lovers, I have quite a pile on the floor if you care for an implant.

To Julie, it's the payback you've been waiting for. This is WAY worse than Brooke's self-do.

We're off to the salon in the morning for repairs.
Then to the store for curlers and hair bows.

8 comments:

mkt said...

I thought I had successfully gotten past that stage with Leah... only to find a chunk of her hair under the desk a couple of days ago. However, good mom that I am I let her walk around like that for the rest of the week before fixing it yesterday.

D and C said...

That is so funny. What an awesome Mom you are for not freaking out and seeing the "funny" in the situation. I think we ALL have stories of cutting our own hair. She is so cute no matter what, a bad cut for a while won't be a big deal! LOL!!

Seamore Tomato said...

Oh my. I keep hoping that this won't happen to us. It seemed to hit late with Loren... I hope that the repairs go well. She'll still be as cute as ever. At least it grows, right?! :)

Abby said...

Oh man. That might be one of the best self-cuts I have seen! Can we see a picture of how you fixed it? wow.

And that maze looks fabulous! Wish I could have been there!

The Hedquists said...

Silence is your enemy! It gives you a false sense of relaxation which you dearly pay for! Sweet Eliza is going to be a very cute pixie girl. We call Sophie's short hairs at the crown of her head her "tweeties" and it bugs her so much that they stick up, I doubt she'll ever take the scissors to her own head again!

Kathryn L said...

my goodness!!! How funny and sad at the same time! Her new cut looks great though. I can't wait to see it styled. Hee hee

Jim said...

Must be a Smith thing. I guess Catherine's turn is coming . . .

HMichaelsen said...

Oh my goodness! Yes, silence is never a good thing. The new 'do looks cute though - hopefully it will grow back soon!