We took a morning walk to Haskins store and Ben immediately went to the freezer to get an ice cream sandwich, his favorite treat from last year at Bucks Lake. Even in the am, who can resist a such a cute birthday request? Then he even shared bites with Eliza, Brooke and Ethan. Cute boy :)
The girls worked hard to decorate the cabin with streamers. So festive (and it kept them busy)!
Ben opened presents. I put in this photo because this face is his "I don't like the sound of tearing paper" face. It took years for him to even be willing to tear wrapping paper himself. I guess he finally decided that finding out what's under the wrapping paper is compelling enough to put up with the sound.
Hooray for Lego Games! If you haven't played any of them yet, you just must. We love how they require rule flexibility. You play the game and then you change the game. How perfect for our boys!
And, of course, a round, chocolate birthday cake with the number 8. Happy Birthday, dear Ben(jamin)!
The age of 8 is a special milestone for children in our church. That's the "age of accountability" when a child can be baptized. Ben has all sorts of irrational reasons to explain why he "can't" be baptized, like, "I can't wear clothes in the water" and "I'll die if I am baptized." So we'll just wait. Meanwhile, he can still learn the gospel and grow in faith and then hopefully one day he'll flip the switch on his mental block and choose to be baptized.
No comments:
Post a Comment