The first campout was with the Sorensen-side cousins at Lake Chabot.
It was a quick overnighter, but that was enough to fill the bill of an annual tradition. Unfortunately, no pictures to share of this one. After a night in the tent, everyone took a hike then drove to the Shadowcliffs waterslides. Eliza, who was too short last year, was looking forward to "coming of age" for the waterslides this summer. Unfortunately, though she was very brave, the slides were a little too speedy for her little body. But Ben and Ethan LOVED the waterslides. So the next camping trip followed the same pattern:
First, overnight in a tent with cousins (this time the Smith-side):
Ethan and Bryant spent the night in the little tent while everyone else stayed in the big tent. Even after a day of playing in the Stanislaus River the kids still stayed up late talk talk talking.
Here's Aunt Julie and Papa, enjoying their view of the action :)
Then the waterslides:
So that's all the camping for this summer, just two quick overnighters. The kids, of course, loved every minute and Jeff was a trooper to do so much work to make it all happen. And me? I was glad to have some time with just Blake. Did I miss camping? Hmmmm ... I do think so. I do think I'd like to join in the fun next summer. But only if Jeff comes and does most of the work :)
No comments:
Post a Comment