
Around March, I noticed that sometimes when Eliza would look at me, it seemed like one of her eyes was looking a different direction. I kept noticing this, and wondering if I was the only one, until her preschool teacher mentioned it during a parent-teacher conference. We went to the eye doctor and he said she has esophoria. Basically that means her relaxed eye position is crossed and she has to work harder to keep her eyes pointed straight. Her vision is fine, and she is using both eyes fully, so he seemed minimally concerned. He prescribed her glasses to correct farsighted-ness (all children are a bit farsighted until adolescence) in order to take some of the strain off of her eyes.
At first I was skeptical, but after a few months I've noted that her eyes "wander" much less when wearing her glasses. So we'll see how it goes! At least she loves them!
No comments:
Post a Comment