We got to spend a little time in Lodi with Utah cousins who came for a visit. It sure is a joy to see cousins play together!
I initiated a science fair project with Eliza and Ben. Eliza's school participates in an annual science fair, but for kindergartners it is optional. Ben's current school does not do a science fair, but he is in 4th grade when it is usually required. Sooooo ... I had them work on a project together so Ben could get a science fair experience and actually be able to display it at Eliza's school's fair. I must say that I had an ulterior motive for the project. They measured how much water comes out of our shower per minute, calculated how much water we would save if every family member reduced their shower time by 2 minutes per shower, and discussed the benefits of saving that amount of water. Can you guess what the ulterior motive was? Hint: at the time, two members of our family were taking particularly long showers :) So here are the two happy "scientists" at the science fair night at Westwood.
Eliza also had a 100 project for the 100th day of school. She further cemented her popularity with the kindergarten boys by collecting 100 Lego bricks.
We celebrated my wonderful mother's 65th birthday. She really is wonderful and beyond. Alan and Heather and kids were in town so it truly was a family celebration. Amy and I spent many wee morning hours creating a photo memory book for my mom. It paid off. It's a treasure.
We also did a bit of Grandma Joan trivia. Sophie was the quickest to buzz in and the most knowledgeable, but Eli and Drew did give her some competition.
Blake got his first official haircut. He sat still and non-expressive for the entire time. Mr. Personality turns into Mr. Emotionless around strangers lately. Shy boy! It was perfect for the haircut, though :)
We went sailing with our friends the Fergusons. We all met one another while single and living/working/schooling in Berkeley. They got married a couple of months before us and then our lives have just paralleled since. We try to get together at least once a year, but it really is hard to keep up. It was so fun to spend the day with them on the Bay. We are now plotting to perhaps do a cruise to Alaska next year for our 15th anniversaries.
And the BEST OF ALL is that I began taking a dance class at Shawl Anderson in Berkeley every Tuesday night. It really has been years since I've taken a dance class for ME and it is completely transforming to my mind, body and spirit. I am soooo grateful!!! It's amazing to think that for all these years I have been dancing and choreographing and directing and teaching, but I have not been in a regular technique class. Now when I'm doing none of the above duties, I am taking a technique class. It's finally my time!

No comments:
Post a Comment