Jeff and I have often used the term BIG day for those unique, memorable days. That doesn't mean anything to anyone else as I write this, but maybe it will in 30 years when Jeff and I read back on this together. I'm sure we'll have many more BIG days in that time, however.
Anyways, today Jeff had a calling change at church and his new responsibility will be as the 1st counselor to the Bishop, our good friend Travis Burr. Here's the official, lds.org explanation for what that means:
Members of the Church are organized into congregations that meet together frequently for spiritual and social enrichment. Large congregations are called wards. Each ward is presided over by a bishop, assisted by two counselors.
The opportunity for Jeff to serve in this way will definitely be a humbling, learning experience for him. I, of course, am happy to support him in this calling, but I do have to laugh at the timing of it all. You see, I'm very pregnant. In fact, I'm being induced on Thursday morning. Since Jeff will be sitting on the stand for church meetings, that leaves me with a newborn + 3 kids during Sacrament meeting. Ah, well. The big kids really are pretty good at church so we'll find a way to survive. Everyone was really nice today to promise to help hold the baby or sit with the big kids or whatever. The bigger irony of today was that I was hoping to send my family off to church then relax on the couch with a big glass of water and my feet up. Not so. Instead I had to waddle my way up to the microphone to share a heartfelt testimony after my husband was sustained as a counselor in the new bishopric. It was a memory, and because of the timing, I'm certain I'll always remember it.
No comments:
Post a Comment