Friday, May 28, 2010

Just a Few Pictures and a Few Moments

Well, it's been three weeks since Blake joined our family and I have exactly three pictures of him.

May 14th - 8 days old


May 19th - 13 days old
(Dad's birthday)


May 28th - 22 days old

Can you tell this is the 4th child?!?! It's time to get the camera out more often!

A few milestones from today:

Blake was awake (the rhyme that always opens a long thread of rhyming) and I thought, hmmm, maybe I should give him his first "tummy time." So I turned him over onto his belly and FLIP he rolled over onto his back. What?! So I turned him over onto his tummy again and FLIP ... 6 more times in a row!!!! What?! 3 weeks old and first time on his tummy he rolls over? I'm sorry, little guy, but infant mobility is NOT permitted in this house. No more tummy time for you! Seriously...

Also, Ben requested to hold Blake for the first time today. Again, no visual proof because there was no way I'd leave him alone with the baby in his arms long enough for me to touch the button of the camera, but it really did happen. And then he sat in the rocking chair and rocked him and sang that Rockabye baby song. You know, the one that says "down will come baby, cradle and all." I was (more than) a little concerned when Ben paused before singing that last line and had a smirk on his face and a twinkle in his eye. Fortunately, he just kept rocking and then giggled that the last line was silly. Phew!

And then, as I took Blake from Ben's arms and turned his little face to mine and talked to him, I definitely got a happy baby face and beginning smile in response. So precious :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow I missed the last post, but I must tell you - I love it, all the emotion and honesty of having a baby! He is so beautiful and I love the pic's with the other kids! I hope you are doing well with your little miracle!!!

HMichaelsen said...

That Ben! So sweet though that he wanted to hold Blake.

Jen said...

Love the last picture the best. He sure is adorable. I'm so glad that Ben wanted to hold Blake. Myabe he'll do it one time when Jeff is around and you can get it on camera.