Here's Eliza on the starting block. I'm pretty sure this is just after she found out at the last minute that she was swimming in a different heat and lane than was posted. And it is just before she accidentally slipped off the block, fell upside down, came up in the lane next to hers, climbed back up on the starting block, and within seconds started the race and swam the fastest yet. Here's to flexibility! Cheers!
The first couple of meets, Eliza was spending some time greeting her fan base each time she came up for air. We gave her a little pep talk about swimming her fastest - come up for a breath and then get right back to swimming. She took 40 seconds off her time at that meet. The next meet she took another 20 seconds off. So that means she was spending a full minute waving to the crowd as she swam across the pool. She's definitely a performer.
And here's Ethan diving off his starting block - I think that's his favorite part!
We've been encouraging Ethan to work his hardest at every practice and meet - "think torpedo, not jellyfish" - and he does do that with encouragement. It's great exercise and part of me wishes he could keep swimming year round. And ALL of me wishes I could be in the pool swimming, too!
1 comment:
Yay for swimming!!! I'm telling you, swimming kept me busy enough in high school and college to keep me out of trouble. Go Eliza! Go Ethan!
Post a Comment