Thursday, January 19, 2012

Celebrating Miss Eliza

We love this 6 year old girl! She requested her hair to be fashioned in a "six" on her birthday. Here's my best attempt, which I'm actually quite proud of because I'm such a girl hair illiterate.


Mmmm  yummy! Nice cake choice, little Miss.


For her birthday party, we did a third annual Nutcracker Party. It was a hit, once again, and gets easier to produce every year. I think we've got one more year left with this theme, but we may have to move it to the church stage since the girls are getting too big for my family room stage. Once Eliza ages out, I think I'll still have to keep the tradition going with other people's girls, because it's just too fun to stow away forever. Eliza, of course, loves to be the star of the show. It's such fun to have a birthday!


The casualty of the day would be that I requested that Jeff take the boys and clear out for the party. A good decision for my purposes, and I don't regret it, but I'm afraid I'll never live it down from Ethan and Ben. It's one of those things they'll bring up as adults: "I still remember the time you wouldn't let me stay for Eliza's birthday party ... " It wasn't any comfort that they got to spend the day with Jeff's Uncle Keith and Aunt Vera and drive Keith's old tractors. They loved the visit, but not enough to forget that they were banished.

No comments: