Wednesday, January 11, 2012

December Snapshots

Behold the Gift - Eliza loved dancing I loved being peripherally involved. But I missed my old friends. I performed a little and am surprised that I could still find the core muscles ... they are there. It's time to strengthen them while I can still find them.

Christmas Prep - I fell in love Amazon Prime. I could click click click on a Tuesday night and then by Thursday midday the random item of choice was delivered to my doorstep. All hail Amazon Prime.

Traditions/Events - Eliza had her end-of-session, in-class dance recital. She's starting to actually move like a dancer :)


We enjoyed the John Muir employee's children's Christmas party. I think the Santa there is first rate. Blake doesn't agree.



Grandma Joan hosted her annual gingerbread house-making party for the grandchildren. It was sugarliciously fun.




Christmas - Pretty mellow (what? is that possible?) I think it helped that school was out for a whole week before Christmas. It gave lots of time for fitting in some traditions with the kids. And much of our family was out of town so it all just felt pretty low key, low pressure. We had crepes on Christmas Eve with the Hiatts and acted out the Nativity. We missed the Sorensen family in Wisconsin.



Christmas morning Santa didn't disappoint: Lego Mindstorms NXT for Ethan, Wii Mario Kart for Ben, American Girl Bitty Twins for Eliza, and a Basketball Hoop for Blake. Blake went to church in his new duds from Grandma Joan. She even combed his hair! I had an unplanned nap.







Eliza's Birthday - 6 years old! She's just a joy joy joy. She tries being sassy, but fixes it pretty quickly. She loves loves loves to help help help and is actually pretty good at it. She's a great babysitter for Blake and a friend for Ben and Ethan.


Lily is still here. One day I'll think she's the cutest best puppy around, the next I wonder how we can keep her. The kids are discovering what unconditional love feels like. They just ADORE her, no matter what.

No comments: