On the way home from Grandma's Easter party, Blake took some time in the backseat to enjoy his haul without interruption from two tired, unattentive parents in the front seat. And we thought he was falling asleep ... what? With a basket of chocolate in his lap? Duh.
I'm training them young to love Trader Joe's:
Spring Break gave us time to do whatever, including taking Lily for walks and giving her off-leash time for the first time. She was extremely helpful to Eliza's digging project. We laughed because it was just like one of our favorite books, The Digging-est Dog.
We enjoyed a beautiful morning at Stake Conference at the Oakland Interstake Center. As usual, the kids insisted on a walk on the roof of the Temple. Of course we were happy to comply. And look, here's a picture where they all look like the "We are a Happy Family" song. It's a miracle.
I turned 37. I have a strong gray hair presence these days. Have you noticed that no one goes gray at my age anymore? It's because of the vast options for coloring one's hair and it's such a bummer for me who has always said I would always go "au natural." At times I feel I could use a major injection of vanity, but my practical side says why bother with all that coloring stress. We'll see ...
And Ben ate pickles. A LOT of pickles. In fact, for several days that was the ONLY thing he ate. I think it started when we (and school) started cracking down on manners. He took control by only eating certain foods. The battle continued until he got down to pickles only. We slowly worked back up to include more foods because, frankly, I think he just got REALLY hungry. So here is a picture of Ben eating his pickle waffles.




No comments:
Post a Comment