Sunday, May 27, 2012

Bathroom Redo

Our hall bathroom has been a target for a redo since we first bought our house 5 years ago. We've used it in a minimal way, but decided it was now time to make it usable for our 4 growing children. It's been a long process of planning and ordering parts but now it is done! Here are some pictures of the process.

BEFORE
The old (original) bathtub shower was only used a few times in 5 years. It included a window to the front yard that showcased a lovely silhouette of the showering individual.


The vanity and countertop (also original, I believe), that exuded a smell of ... oldness.


DURING
Goodbye bathtub, shower and window!


Hello skylight!!!! The first night I gazed up at you and saw the big, bright moon perfectly framed in your glass, I knew it would be love forever more. Yes, forever more, dear skylight.


Hello shower bench!


Hello porcelain tile floor that looks like wood. I wasn't sure I'd like you, but at install time you became one of my favorite features.


And hello new swanstone countertop (and matching shower walls) that cost me a fortune but will pay off with years of durability and easy cleaning. I will treasure you.


AFTER
So the majority of the work went quickly, but it took me a while to pull off the finishing elements. Much longer than Jeff liked, but he's learned to be patient with me :) After painting the walls I was feeling discouraged because it looked so boring, but I finally found the tile I was looking for and now can say I love how everything came together. Phew!




The final needs are towels and a bath mat, a toothbrush holder and soap dispenser. Then the job will officially be complete. Heaven help me if we ever do a bigger remodel because this little bathroom was quite the project.

2 comments:

mkt said...

It looks great! Congrats on a job well done!

Amy Hill said...

Looks awesome! You guys have been busy! Great work. :)